The Dance Trail, Brighton Fringe, 2016
Sussex Dance Network, formerly Brighton Dance Network was set up in 2013 in order to be able to bring together isolated independent artists, organisations and our community, to generate a stronger, fertile and more sustainable unit to deliver and grow dance and to share learning across the region.
Orchestrated by volunteers, Sussex Dance Network has delivered a range of activities including:
- Regular Professional and Open Level classes,
- Scratch nights,
- 24 hour choreographic labs,
- Intergenerational Projects,
- An annual Dance Trail (site-specific promenade performance in Brighton Fringe using a diverse range of artists from across the dance community)
- Providing job opportunities to members.
Katie has been involved in the network since 2014 working across a range of administrative and programming roles, as well as being their Featured Artist 2015-2017. She is currently a Committee Member, Programmer and has now worked her way up to the role of Producer.
In 2018 Katie Dale-Everett Dance was commissioned by the network to develop a 2019 programme of artistic development and public engagement for the network and write a funding application. We are pleased to share that the funding application to Arts Council England National Lottery Grants was successful. Katie will therefore be Producing the programme for 2019.
To find out more, please visit Sussex Dance Network’s Website.